Effective Date: September 28, 2021
CCPA Employee and Applicant Privacy Notice
For California Employees and Job Applicants
Thank you for your interest in a career with the Gurstel Law Firm, P.C. (“Gurstel”). This Notice is provided in compliance with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, as amended, (“CCPA”). It applies only to current and former employees of Gurstel who reside in the state of California, and to all applicants applying for employment with Gurstel who reside in California.
- Selling Your Information.
We do not sell any personal information. We also do not disclose information to credit reporting agencies.
- Personal Information Collected.
The categories of personal information that we may collect includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Information, such as your name, alias, gender, date of birth, signature, Social Security Number (“SSN”), driver’s license number; home address, telephone numbers, bank account information, email addresses and emergency contact information, including information about family members, dependents, and other affiliated individuals;
- Demographic data, such as race, marital status, age, ethnic origin, disability and veteran or military status, as well as immigration status and citizenship;
- Internet activity, such as your search history, browsing history, login information and internet protocol addresses through our information networks and computer systems;
- Geolocation data, such as badge access, and time and physical location related to use of an internet website, device, application or physical access to a Gurstel office;
- Sources of Personal Information.
Gurstel collects information from you when you apply for a job, throughout the job application process and during employment. We may collect your information from other sources and combine it with the information you provide us. For example, we may collect your information from:
- Job websites and employment agencies you may use to apply for a job with us;
- Prior employers that provide us with references;
- Professional references that you authorize us to contact;
- Pre-employment screening services, such as background check providers, where permitted under law;
- Your educational institutions;
- Licensing entities;
- Your public social media profile or other publicly-available sources;
- Online activity information that we and our service providers collect using server logs, “cookies” and similar technologies.
- Other Company personnel.
- How We Use Personal Information of Candidates.
We use the information we collect for employment purposes, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, managing, job performance, compliance and security.
- Sharing Personal Information.
We may share your personal information as necessary. For example, we may share your personal information with:
- Company service providers;
- Government authorities, law enforcement and others as required.
- Your Obligations.
Providing personal information to Gurstel is voluntary. However, if you choose to provide information, it is your obligation to provide complete and accurate information throughout recruitment, application and employment. Please keep your information with us up to date.
- Contact Us.
Please contact us at Gurstel Law Firm, P.C. if you have questions or concerns or would like this Notice provided in an alternative format.
Gurstel Law Firm, P.C.
Attention: Human Resources
6681 Country Club Drive
Golden Valley, MN 55427