The Associate Attorney is a results-driven individual with experience in or the desire to become experienced in the consumer collection industry. The Associate Attorney is charged with providing thorough and practical assessments and advice while advocating for clients in and out of court during the legal collection process. The Associate Attorney will focus on continuous quality work product and performance in the Firm’s energized and fast-paced environment while doing right, maintaining integrity and achieving results.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Focus on collection of outstanding consumer debts through the legal collection process.
- Work with opposing counsel and pro se parties to resolve disputes and negotiate matters to amicable resolution.
- Draft and review legal briefs, correspondence, pleadings, and other legal documents.
- Documents account/file activity in accordance with the Firm and client policies and procedures.
- Travel to various courts in the state and effectively handle motion practice, attend hearings and conduct trials.
- Proactively manage the case load and individual performance.
- Work closely with legal support staff to process files and cases.
- Works closely with state Managing Attorneys on a variety of litigation matters, professional development and performance.
- Researches and interprets laws, rulings, and regulations and formulates legal opinions for review by Managing Attorney.
- Ensure compliance with state and federal laws, and adherence to court procedures and processes.
- Work on special projects as needed
- Participate on client calls, as required, and ensure appropriate and timely handling of client and business demands.
- Develops and maintains relationships with existing clients and markets firm services to prospective and new clients on an ongoing basis.
- Acts with the highest ethical standards both as a legal professional and as a member of the Firm to deliver excellent client and consumer service.
- Actively promotes professionalism and collegiality within the Firm and in the legal community.
- Attend continuing education classes, webinars, and seminars to remain current and well-informed of any local, state or federal changes in the law, rules of court or court procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Qualified attorney with no discipline history and active license in Iowa with minimum 0-3 years of experience.
- Understanding of Iowa civil litigation process and state and federal consumer protection laws.
- Ability to collaborate with other employees to utilize resources and knowledge of others in identifying high quality solutions.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to effectively manage priorities to meet business requirements and deadlines in dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to drive and motivate other employees to achieve results.
- Ability to influence and inspire action.
- Ability to communicate project and status updates to team and cross-functionally to ensure understanding.
- Excellent strategic and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills across a broad spectrum of attorney and non-attorney recipients including all levels within the organization and external.
- Strong time management skills with the proven ability to work in a deadline-driven environment.
- Communications Proficiency.
- Business Acumen.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Ethical Conduct.