Gurstel Law Firm is multi-state litigation law firm representing creditors in all aspects of legal collection process. The Firm is headquartered in Golden Valley, Minnesota with offices in Arizona, Iowa, Nebraska, Utah, Wisconsin and California. Its practice is focused on the development of attorneys’ litigation skills, strategies and industry knowledge.
Position: IT Intern (Entry-Level)
Our Firm is currently looking to hire an IT Intern in our Golden Valley, MN office. The successful candidate will possess a varied skillset and the flexibility to help where needed to facilitate overall progress within the IT department toward longer-term goals. This position will act as a second set of hands for the Support Specialist (help desk position) and Systems Administrator.
Candidates MUST possess the following:
- Experience supporting users in a Windows-based network with Active Directory and Exchange Servers
- Experience supporting desktop clients, thin clients, network printers, remote connectivity (LogMeIn, VNC, RDP)
- Installation experience of hardware including Workstations, Printers, Network Devices, wireless access points, mechanical support arms, etc.
- Microsoft Office familiarity, especially Excel
- Willingness to learn new or unfamiliar technologies and become proficient with them
- Resourcefulness and the ability to research new solutions to problems
- Positive attitude and professional customer service skills
- Provide first level phone and direct support for all “Break/Fix” requests for IT service by the organization.
- Provide detailed resolution documentation for all IT Service Requests
- Work with the IT Development Team to implement new processes, procedures, and technologies
- Ensure top quality, speedy and friendly customer service to all.
- Provide accurate workstation staging and restoration services
- Conduct ongoing training with for employees whenever necessary.
- Consistently meet Service Levels as set by the IT Management.
- Must be able to pass a background check, credit check and drug screen.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience with a scripting or programming language
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server or other SQL-based database systems
- Experience with Microsoft Windows server.
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange.
- Experience at a law firm or debt collection agency
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred, or 2 years or more of directly related work experience
- CompTia Certifications preferred (A+, Net+)
In order to be considered you must submit a Resume, Cover Letter and Salary Requirement.
Must be able to pass a background check, credit check and drug screen.
We are looking for quality professionals. If you have the above skills and share in our philosophy, we are looking for YOU! APPLY TODAY!