Our Firm is currently looking to hire a Legal Assistant/ Paralegal in our Sacramento, CA Office. The successful candidate will be a team-player, have a high level of attention to detail, strong oral and written communication skills, strong computer skills (Microsoft Office) and the ability to multi-task.
Job Description as a Legal Assistant/Paralegal at our Firm you will be responsible for performing a variety of general legal tasks. This position is exposed to highly skilled legal responsibilities generally consisting of reviewing files and drafting legal documents. You will also be responsible for legal documents as they progress through the legal system and for compliance with all standard operating procedures for a variety of clients. You will work with many different departments documenting all transactions made, and support the staff attorneys with scheduling court appearances and file preparation. Organizational, verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Must be a mature individual who is able to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Typing and keyboarding experience with 65+ WPM required.
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task is required.
- Must have an advanced understanding of legal terminology.
- Basic knowledge of the legal process and legal documents required.
- Collection Law knowledge is helpful but will train the right candidate.
- Legal certificate/2-yr degree (experience may be substituted for education)
- Ability to make independent decisions
Compensation and Benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life, 401k and Profit Sharing.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)/ Paid Holidays
- Stability with an industry leader!