Position: Skip Trace Supervisor - Gurstel Law Firm P.C. (Gurstel) is currently looking to hire a full-time Skip Trace Supervisor in our Golden Valley, MN office. We are looking for someone that is motivated and can work in a fast paced, high volume environment. Effective at multi-tasking and overseeing the Skip Trace department with accuracy and speed. Critical thinking and problem solving skills are a necessity.
Job Description: You will be supervising the skip trace department who are responsible for locating businesses & individuals who are overdue on payments by checking various sources. The Skip Trace department also uses advanced computer programs designed to track businesses & individuals who have relocated as well as locate assets for garnishment purposes.
The major areas of responsibility for this position:
- Provide performance management in the day-to-day operations of the skip trace department
- Involvement in staffing decisions
- Manage to department revenue goals
- Interacts regularly and comprehensively with other departments
- Troubleshooting of department issues
- Training & continuing education for new and existing staff
- Vendor management
- Monthly team member audits
- As results of audit reviews, identify employee or workflow trends that required additional training.
- Process and procedure creation and implementation
- Maintaining the department standard operating procedures manual
- Ensure team performs collection skip-tracing activities in accordance with FDCPA, state and local collections laws in an effort to verify consumer information
- Make cost effective decisions in best interest of the firm.
- Assist in audit findings and remediation pertaining to the skip trace team.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of two years management experience.
- Skip tracing experience is preferred but not required.
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to multi-task with minimum supervision
- Experience in the collections process and/or Creditors Rights Law is preferred but not required.