Position: Skip Tracer We are currently looking to hire a full-time Skip Tracer in our Golden Valley, MN office. We are looking for someone that is motivated and that can work in a fast paced environment.
Job Description: Skip Tracer's are a type of private investigator. Skip Tracers are trained to locate hard- to find persons who owe money to a particular business or agency. You will be locating individuals who are overdue on payments by checking the various sources such as post office, utility companies and credit bureaus. Skip Tracers also use advanced computer programs designed to track individuals who have moved.
The major areas of responsibility for this position:
- Perform collection skip-tracing activities in accordance with FDCPA, state and local collections laws in an effort to verify consumer information
- Perform asset verification activities on consumers with unpaid collection accounts
- Proper handling of inbound/out bound skip calls and utilizing multiple internet avenues to locate consumers while meeting production goals established by management.
- Maintain clear and updated account documentation and coding on skip-tracing location process.
- Attempts to locate an individual for payment of debt and locate most current address and set up files for service.
- Work in accordance with skip processes and procedures
- Verify Place of Employment information and set up wage garnishments.
- Verify bank information and set up bank garnishments.
- Make cost effective decisions in best interest of the company.
- Work special projects for attorney’s, paralegal’s, etc.,
WE WILL TRAIN YOU, HOWEVER... if you already possess the skills indicated below you will be well on your way to succeeding at this job:
- EXCELLENT COMPUTER SKILLS (as you will be using the internet, databases and other electronic resources to track people down).
- STRONG MOTIVATION TO SUCCEED
- ATTENTION TO DETAIL (you will be doing a lot of DATA ENTRY)
- STRONG PROBLEM SOLVING ABILITIES
- GOOD COMMUNICATION SKILLS
AND LASTLY, having a CREATIVE MIND is a HUGE PLUS!!
Compensation and Benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life, 401k and Profit Sharing.
- Paid Time Off/Holiday Pay
- Bonus and Commission potential
- Professional yet casual work environment
- Stability with an industry leader!
We are looking for several career-minded and motivated team members to work in our fast paced & exciting environment. If you have the above skills and share in our philosophy, we are looking for YOU!
For consideration you must submit Resume, Cover Letter and Salary Requirements