Position: Staff Accountant – Gurstel Law Firm, P.C. is currently looking to hire a Staff Accountant in our Golden Valley, MN Office. The successful candidate will be a team-player, have a high level of attention to detail, strong oral and written communication skills, strong computer skills(10-key, typing and Excel) and the ability to multi-task.
Apply principals of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports by compiling information through our internal system, and utilizing appropriate accounting control procedures. Provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data and preparing reports for internal management and clients.
Essential Job Function
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare deposits to accounts.
- Establish, maintain, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
- Prepare, analyze, review and send required clients reports.
- Maintain client accounts by verifying proper funds have been pushed and pulled.
- Monitor review accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare, log and review bank account credits and debits.
- Explain billing invoices and accounting policies to staff, vendors and clients.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies.
- Application of consumer payments
- Supervise the input and handling of financial data and reports for the company’s automated financial systems.
- Interact with internal and external auditors in completing audits.
- Research, review, apply, all incoming checks promptly and accurately.
- Reconcile each trust account prior to closing the different days
- Provide accounting policy orientation for new staff.
- Always inform management of any issues, concerns, developments, updates, discrepancies, questions, etc.
- Make decisions that are in the best interest of the firm.
- Hold yourself accountable.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for maintaining checks with unresolved issues and reporting these issues to the appropriate individual.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or closely related field
- 1 to 3 years of accounting experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarities with Microsoft Office applications
- Works requires willingness to work a flexible schedule.
Other Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Knowledge of financial and accounting software applications.
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Pay close attention to detail
- Deadline - oriented
- Works with high level of confidentiality
Compensation and Benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life, 401k and Profit Sharing.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)/ Paid Holidays
- Stability with an industry leader!
As with many accounting jobs, there are some days (mainly around month end), that will require additional hours outside of the normal business day/week due to deadlines.