Todd L. Gurstel
Mr. Gurstel is the founding partner of Gurstel Law Firm, P.C, a full service business law firm with offices in Minnesota, Arizona, Iowa, Nebraska, Utah, Wisconsin, and California. The firm is highly regarded for its creditor’s rights practice, the area in which Todd directs and is passionate about.
Since 1987, Todd has focused his practice in credit collection, is a recognized leader within the creditors’ rights industry, and is known for regularly setting and sharing best practice standards. Todd frequently speaks on compliance issues related to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, and is a known trade advocate.
Founded in 1997 in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Gurstel has expended its practice discipline and growth to
include offices in Arizona, Iowa, Nebraska, Utah, Wisconsin and California.
Areas of Practice
- Creditors’ Remedies
- Civil Trial Law
- Secured Transactions
- Commercial Bankruptcy
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, 1984, B.A.
- Honors: Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, 1987, J.D.
- Honors: Cum Laude
- Law Review: Editor and Staff Member, University of Minnesota Law Review, 1985 – 1987
- Board of Directors, National Association of Retail Collection Attorneys, 2006-2012
- Member of Board of Governors, Commercial Law League of America, 1995-1996
- Member of American Board of Certification,American Board of Certification, 2010-2014
Todd has been giving the distinction of being a Minnesota Super Lawyer in the area of Creditors Rights. This honor is given to no more than five percent of the attorneys in Minnesota. In addition to Minnesota, Todd is also licensed in Arizona.